Are you thinking of visiting Bruton? We're incredibly lucky to have landed in one of the most vibrant, creative communities in the South West. Alongside Frome and Bath, Bruton now has a cachet all of its own.
If you're wandering along Bruton High Street (with the pub on your left) and would like to visit us, turn down to the right at the end, then left at the church and just look out ahead for Godminster Cheese. Take the next left after Godminster Cheese then turn immediately left again. You will see our sign at the far end of the car park. We are up the external steps at the end of the block.
Alongside a little shopping there are myriad things to do in Bruton.
Here are our favourites:
- A walk around King Alfred's Tower. Those pine forests, that smell, it's a nature walker's paradise.
- A visit to the art gallery Hauser & Wirth, now that we're allowed out of the house, perusing their latest exhibit is exactly what we want to do.
- A coffee from The Chapel on Bruton High Street. We simply love their open air balcony, where we will sit with a glass of rose under their delightful giant white canopy.
- A trip to The Newt, the gardens are a delight and a meal on one of the terraces is the icing on the cake.
- A visit to Frome; so many great restaurants, so many great little independent shops, you can just spend hours pootling away the afternoon.
- Visit Osip, the Michelin starred restaurant on Bruton high street, we went there for our team Christmas dinner and it was a pure delight.
- Matt's Kitchen is another brilliantly quirky addition to the high street, the house turned into a restaurant is a tiny gem with only a small selection of tables and bring your own booze.
- The LOVE ALICE Team